PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Oh man... Material & Rendering CRASH issue

jeff112408
2012-08-09, 07:36 PM
I had been having issues with Revit 2012 crashing every time I attempted to modify materials so I went in search of a solution. I found a new patch listed that is supposed to correct this issue. IT WORKED! Now... one issue has been replaced by yet another.

The most current issue is rendering. As soon as I choose the region, quality, etc., and click the render button the program locks up and then crashes. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, how were you able to rectify the problem?

rbcameron1
2012-08-10, 04:06 PM
Do you have a touchscreen monitor? you have to end tabletinputservices.exe in the task manager "services" or something along those lines. that should have fixed your first issue, the current issue may be related to it as well. Never happened to me though.

jeff112408
2012-08-10, 08:57 PM
Wow. I do actually! I'm not using a tablet yet we seem to be setup for one. Strange...

Let me try to disable it and reboot. Lets see if it helps at all.

jeff112408
2012-08-10, 09:19 PM
I prevented the application from booting up on restart and it didn't have an affect. SO I tried removing some trees from the topo file I have referenced in the main project file. That did it! Apparently I am lacking the computer power to render when I have a mountain side of trees. Hah!

Thank you for the advice rbccameron!