PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Floor Sketch Line Problem

tim.ervin
2012-08-10, 04:56 PM
I am having issues drawing floors in Revit 2013. Basically when I draw a floor, the construction lines show up twice, once where I actually drew it, and once offset a foot or so to project north. I've attached an image of a screen shot, in it, you will see it looks like there are 2 vertical lines and 4 horizontal lines. That is not the case, I drew the outline using the box tool, and it generated those horizontal offsets. I also tried just drawing with the line tool, and also the select a line tool. They all do this crazy offset thing. Additionally, these "offset" lines cannot be selected. This is just a generic floor out of the box from Revit. When I finish the sketch it actually looks correct but it's really annoying to try and sketch this way.

bbeck
2012-08-10, 05:10 PM
Curious that your "options" bar is missing the option for an offset, chain and radius. When sketching a boundary those should be available.

bbeck
2012-08-10, 05:44 PM
What happens if you select on boundary line to edit? Do you see the "options" bar with offset, defines slope, cantilevers, etc.?

nancy.mcclure
2012-08-10, 06:47 PM
I'd suspect a graphics card issue. Save, close the program and reopen it and see if this self-corrects? We have systems that get graphically 'buggy' towards the end of the day - once users started closing and reopening over the lunch break, things seemed back to normal.

DaveP
2012-08-10, 07:12 PM
What Nancy said.
Make sure your drivers are up to date.
Also try turning off Hardware Acceleration in the Options dialog (or turn it on if its already off)