PDA

View Full Version : Notched Foundation Wall Line

momarch
2012-08-13, 05:35 PM
Hello,

I've been working with a notched foundation wall -- 6" thick part goes up higher than the 4" thick shelf part. I made this as a regular fdn. wall with 2 structure layers and it works great. In section, I just move the inner layer up or down as I need to with the arrow, and that has been good because the structure keeps changing and I have had to do a lot of revisions. Problem is, now I'm doing the details and there is a line between the two layers that I would like to get rid of. I tried making it invisible with the linework tool and that made it light gray, but not invisible. I can work around it if need be, but am thinking I am missing something obvious. Have scoured the Internet to no avail.

Has anyone dealt with this successfully? Thanks!

nancy.mcclure
2012-08-13, 10:48 PM
I find the linework tool <invisible lines> does not work to hide the line between offset layers, I also got the grey line. The only way I could eliminate the line between them was to switch my view to coarse (or leave your view set to Med/Fine, and set Walls to Coarse in VG).

jcoe
2012-08-15, 12:01 PM
Take a look at this post and see if it helps.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?119049-Foundation-Wall-w-Brick-Ledge&p=1076418#post1076418

damon.sidel
2012-08-15, 02:04 PM
This may mean some rebuilding of the model, but what about two adjacent walls? They can have different heights and in any section that shows them, the walls can be joined without a line as long as they are the same material. Maybe not ideal, but it works.

Mike L Sealander
2012-08-16, 01:16 PM
I would use a void sweep to cut the notch in the wall.