PDA

View Full Version : Field Built Enclosures - Mechanical

Bill Harper
2012-08-14, 04:05 PM
We are a manufacture of double wall acoustical/thermal panels used for field built enclosures. These enclosures will have walls, floors, roofs, doors, and structural steel to support them at a predetermind static pressure. Some examples would be Outside Air Intake Plenums, Exhaust Plenums, Relief Air Plenums, and Air Handling Units. Every enclosure is different.

What would be the best approach. My first thought is to create a template with walls, roofs, and floors. Any thoughts?

Bill Harper
2012-08-15, 03:45 AM
Let me expand a little more.

I want to supply a Revit template with the walls, roofs, and floors. Revit family parts with doors and other items. I want Engineers to use my walls, roofs, floors, doors, etc to layout the enclosures in design. I would then like to use that file to generate an estimate and quote. If we get job I can use that file through fabrication. This is possible, right?

We can supply the enclosure as Revit family part as a whole but it is such a drain on staffing without any guarantee of getting the job.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

bbeck
2012-08-16, 10:08 PM
Walls, Roofs and Floors would transfer over to another project easily. Family's take a bit of work but could be done. It mostly requires training and buy-in from the MEP folks that you're expecting to use this data.

Bill Harper
2012-08-28, 04:39 AM
So what method are mechanical engineers using for these field built enclosures?

stimmo520
2012-10-04, 08:40 PM
My method for getting these enclosures, and extrusion with maybe door swings, and connector elements...very simple, and this simple. Use details for the details, as far as the model goes, the simplerier the better from my point of view. Manufacturer's tend to create families that are too details in the model, that I cant use them, simple extrusion with length width height parameters. Maybe nest an access door family in and let us place them as needed. Simple.