PDA

View Full Version : New model lines immediately locked

philipdurban
2012-08-21, 01:41 PM
I am using model lines to indicated cladding divisions on elevations. This has worked well, and I have contained these lines within "in-place" components, so that the dimensions can be hidden easily. However, when I carry out exactly the same procedure on a couple of elevations my dimensions between these lines are immediately uneditable (they don't display blue). Why would this be??
Thanks
Philip
PS: This has happened a few times before in other situations - with objects which I definitely haven't constrained in any way - as far as I know.

gbrowne
2012-08-21, 02:43 PM
Might it be that the lines are on another non parallel plane? Also, when I do cladding lines on elevations, I use a 25 x 25mm wall reveal which I find works quite well. Much more fun than model lines. :-)

philipdurban
2012-08-21, 02:53 PM
Thanks G - but I think everything must be on the same plane as it was drawn at the same time in the same view - without resetting the plane. The cladding layout is very irregular - so I think I'm stuck with model lines.

gbrowne
2012-08-21, 03:09 PM
Fair doo's. Are you using design options perhaps? Or worksets?

philipdurban
2012-08-21, 03:11 PM
No - it's all dead simple, and worked well on the other elevations!?!

gbrowne
2012-08-21, 03:28 PM
Hmmm.. I tried to replicate it, changed elev depths, phase, angles, aligned and locked it to the wall etc etc and it was all editable. Have you tried restarting Revit? Sounds silly I know, but sometimes it sorts out weird graphics behaviour... other than that I'm out of ideas.

philipdurban
2012-08-21, 03:43 PM
G - you're very kind. I restarted Revit - no progress. I restarted the machine too - and problem resolved. Many thanks indeed!!!
Philip

gbrowne
2012-08-21, 03:46 PM
Excellent! I had a spare minute, so no bigs. That's what this forum is all about!