PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Unselectable Object

rtaube
2012-08-22, 09:12 PM
I'm working with a consultant's drawing (Revit 2012) and a few of their objects are unselectable for some reason. They appear to be at random, a column here, a floor there, and a couple of walls. Any ideas on why this may be? Even if they were pinned, I should be able to select them in order to unpin them, right?

Thanks,
Ryan

m20roxxers
2012-08-22, 10:51 PM
Are you in their model?? Some parts of the model may be on design options.

trialbyfire
2012-08-23, 12:32 AM
I've had problems with selecting objects (or selecting lines to align to, etc) sometimes due to the view discipline and/or the view detail level (fine, med, coarse) - try playing with that. Also sometimes when I'm working with frame elevations, sections, etc I run into a problem where I can't click directly on something, but I can grab it with a crossing window, so try that too if you haven't already.

kmarsh
2012-08-23, 03:33 AM
There is also (in a workshared environment) a checkbox in the status bar "editable only" which should not include non-editable elements in crossing/box window selections (but not from single pick selections) If it's single pick then the most likely candidate was mentioned above: design options. If you are not editing the design option which contains an element then that element is not selectable in the canvas.