PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall / Conceptual Mass - not applying?

jpyeatt
2012-08-23, 06:49 PM
All-

I have a relatively complex/organic surface in a conceptual mass that will ultimately define a canopy. I'm trying to apply a curtain wall to the conceptual mass... and it won't apply. No error is given after selecting the face, but the curtain wall simply isn't applied.

I have used conceptual massing + curtain wall in several other projects without error. There are a few possible issues in this case. Does anyone care to take a look?

1 - The surface is fairly organic, but I don't see this as a problem.
2 - The surface family is clipped by several voids - perhaps the 'correct' surface is not showing up in the project file (I am using the final, cut object)
3 - The family contains several other objects (frames - a series of 'dumb' extrusion solid/void objects), but I am only selecting/attempting to apply the CW to the organic surface.

At any rate, it has me going a little nuts. Does anyone have any advice?

Link: http://filetransfer.nbbj.com/19040d90/8674986750

Thanks,
jp.

Alfredo Medina
2012-08-23, 07:11 PM
It is hard to say anything without getting an idea of what the final result should look like. None of your images show that.

damon.sidel
2012-08-23, 09:30 PM
All you need to do is delete the divided surface in your family. You'll keep the underlying surface, onto which you can place a Curtain System (you said Curtain Wall, but as you probably know and just mis-typed, you need a Curtain System). I just did an experiment and it seemed to work for me.