PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Revit zoom issus.

big T
2012-08-29, 06:16 PM
Hi guys,
I am new to Revit. Recently, while using my student addition Revit 2011 I noticed that when I scroll the mouse wheal to zoom in or to zoom out (in ALL views) and then try selecting anything the components’ location I am attempt to select are way off from where they appear in 3d view (please see attached picture for visual example). Sometimes I even get two drawings (one smaller one bigger) within a single view. Now, this only seemed to be happening after I use zoom feature. Have anyone else experienced this problem? Could it be a Revit bug or is it related to my computer hardware (perhaps video card)? Working like this just drives me up the wall.

DaveP
2012-08-29, 06:22 PM
Can't say for sure, but most issues like this are caused by the graphics driver
Make sure you've got the latest driver version from the manufacturer.
Also, go to the Applications Menu (the big purple R in the upper left),t then Options, then the Graphics Tab. On that tab, Revit should explain if the card and driver are Revit compatible. Don't fret too much if it says it hasn't been tested. They can't test everything.
If you are on the latest drivers, or if Revit says Unknown card, you can try turning off Hardware Acceleration

damon.sidel
2012-08-29, 07:41 PM
Funny you should post this today... yesterday I JUST started having similar problems with a 2012 project. Same project, same Revit, same computer, same everything as a few days ago (and for the past few months) and then yesterday, POOF! I turned off hardware acceleration and restarted Revit a few times. To the best of my knowledge, my hardware and driver have been the same for quite a few months. I've installed a few new pieces of software, but nothing for the past two weeks. (Also, I just had my computer freeze today for the first time in it's life. I was working in Revit.)