PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Area plan graphics

damon.sidel
2012-08-30, 06:38 PM
I'm trying to work on our area plan graphics. I'm having trouble with the display of color fills over generic model families and openings. Even though the area boundary is at the boundary of the balcony in the attached image (the balcony is a generic model family), the color fill does not show in hidden line mode. You can see it is there in the second image, which is wireframe mode, the area is there. Similarly openings and some windows don't show the color fill (again see the difference in the hidden line mode and the wireframe mode).

What I'd like to achieve, if possible, is a wireframe mode image with color fill. I don't want the hidden line with the coarse-scale fill pattern or material showing in the wall cavities because then you don't see the full extent of the color fill. But I do need to see the linework of the model through the color fill.

Any ideas? Is this typical Revit behavior or are there settings (or is this a glitch in my model/on my machine)?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-08-30, 06:46 PM
Does setting the color fill to 'foreground' solve the issue?

damon.sidel
2012-08-30, 06:53 PM
Took me a little bit to find the setting, but once I found it that solved everything! Thanks, Dimitri.

drubinoff
2013-09-02, 12:36 AM
Does setting the color fill to 'foreground' solve the issue?

That didn't work for me in 2012. I had to hide my floor slabs, even though they were on the same level as the area fill.

damon.sidel
2013-09-09, 01:00 PM
Hi, drubinoff.

After having this problem a few times and solving a few ways, hiding the floor slabs may not be best. One thing I've done since this post is change VG settings for floor surface pattern to "Hidden". Between setting the Color Fill to "foreground" and turning off the floor surface patterns, it's worked in every case I've had since I posted.

Cheers!

drubinoff
2013-09-09, 04:54 PM
Hi, drubinoff.

After having this problem a few times and solving a few ways, hiding the floor slabs may not be best. One thing I've done since this post is change VG settings for floor surface pattern to "Hidden". Between setting the Color Fill to "foreground" and turning off the floor surface patterns, it's worked in every case I've had since I posted.

Cheers!

Terrific; thanks!