PDA

View Full Version : 32bit MS Access import Data to 64bit Win 7 system for Revit 2009 & 2013

Norton_cad
2012-08-31, 12:13 PM
Hi,
I'm no expert in this area, and seek your advice. I have a database on 32bit MS Access, and I wish to extract some data to autofill parameters in the titleblock, and a schedule in a Revit file. I understand that there are some issues in regard to installation of the add on software for database use, which appears to be resolved on this thread. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?131073-DB-Link&highlight=database+import+revit Also it puzzles me why this isn't part of the inital install. I am currently using Revit 2009 32bit on a 64 bit machine, but will be upgrading soon to 2013 64bit, and wonder if I should save myself a heap of agro & hold off on the process if the 2013 version does it better.

Anyway I could see no tutorials or tips on this subject, and wondered if you had any advice?

meng005
2012-08-31, 10:51 PM
Hi,
I'm no expert in this area, and seek your advice. I have a database on 32bit MS Access, and I wish to extract some data to autofill parameters in the titleblock, and a schedule in a Revit file. I understand that there are some issues in regard to installation of the add on software for database use, which appears to be resolved on this thread. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?131073-DB-Link&highlight=database+import+revit Also it puzzles me why this isn't part of the inital install. I am currently using Revit 2009 32bit on a 64 bit machine, but will be upgrading soon to 2013 64bit, and wonder if I should save myself a heap of agro & hold off on the process if the 2013 version does it better.

Anyway I could see no tutorials or tips on this subject, and wondered if you had any advice?

If you upgrade to Revit 2013 64-bit, you will need to use Access 64-bit or Excel in order to exchange data.

Valkin
2012-09-04, 03:21 AM
I've gone through this and if your Revit no mater what version is 64 bit your ms office needs to be 64 bit as well or else the links will be broken and you will not be able to export your revit database.