PDA

View Full Version : 2012 VOID SWEEP PROBLEM

farshadvamp987807
2012-09-07, 03:39 AM
HI
I have problem white void sweep.in fact i want to cut some part of my elements like wall or celing or columns but when i use the void sweep it just show me that error and it never work here step by step what i do for one column:

1-home/component/model in place/columns/
2-home/void forms/voide sweep
3-pick path/then the green chek (finish edit)
4-edit profile/rectangle/then the green chek (finish edit)
5-finish model
6-THE ERROR:Some Void Forms of this family do not cut anything and will be deleted. To make a Void Form cut something else use the Cut Geometry tool.

i really appreciate if some one help me.
thank u guys

charliep
2012-09-07, 08:55 AM
This is a reply I got from Dimitri Harvalias
"The void and what it cuts need to be in the same in place family.
Edit your 'verge' family and create the void as a separate object inside that family.
Cut the verge with the void, finish the family and it should work."

See thread In Place Components.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-09-07, 07:55 PM
This is a reply I got from Dimitri Harvalias

That guy has no idea what he's talking about;)
I think the problem might be a little different here. If the column is a family placed in the project (the header indicates Farshad is in an RVT file) then there is no way to cut it with an in-place void.
You'll have two choices.
1. Either modify the family and add a void that will allow the column to be cut.
2. Place another column (or in place family of the same object category) in the project and use that to cut the other column. You'll then need to hide the 'sacrificial' geometry in the view.

A component family can consist of just void geometry but an in-place family must contain some solid geometry. It can not consist of only voids.

jwo980
2014-01-17, 10:41 PM
Although this is an old post - it solved my new problem! Just wanted to say thanks!