PDA

View Full Version : Data Shortcut Pipe Network & Design Pipe Network

Openwheeler
2012-09-10, 06:01 PM
Ok all my AUGI associates…let’s see if I can get this answered correctly.

I data shortcut the single pipe network from survey, it is displayed, my design pipe network does not connect to the existing parts…is this supposed to happen with data shortcuts?

Also, I drew data shortcut pipe network in my profile, add label doesn’t do anything…why doesn’t label show?

Many thanks for assistants!

jpaulsen
2012-09-11, 01:16 PM
I have not found a way to connect a pipe network to a data referenced pipe network. When I create a network it includes the existing and proposed (design) pipes in one network. In your situation I would recommend duplicating the existing network part in your design network. For example, if you are connecting to an exiting pipe, that pipe will need to duplicated in your design network.

Openwheeler
2012-09-18, 03:47 PM
That is correct...had to fudge a new manhole over the shortcut survey pipe network. That sucks that we have to duplicate, but it's a work around for only a few features.

As far as my anno add...brain fart, had to add the anno to the file then it displayed, was able to change style from existing look/style to a proposed look/style. That one was my bad.

Thanks for the help!
Cheers