PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Revit 2013 Handrail Problems

virginiaalexander756125
2012-09-10, 10:57 PM
I've noticed a few problems with the component based stairs in Revit 2013:
Handrail visibility below the cut plane is quirky - the handrail does not reliably appear as drawn in 3D. The handrails will be cropped, not showing extensions, etc. It looks like stair treads or landings show as "above" handrails, blocking their visibility. Handrails to Is there a way to fix this?

The tread numbering tool does not seem to work for multi-level stairs (above the first modeled level). Is this possible? Also, the tread numbering tool doesn't seem to work certain views. For example, you can't number treads for a stair (from level 1 to level 2) on a level 2 plan, even though you can see the stair below the cut plane. It doesn't seem like you can tread number a sketch-based stair. This tool has a lot of promise, but very limited functionality right now.

Also, there's no way to dimension handrails. This is the most annoying glitch I have found. Not the handrail extensions or from the edge of the stair to side of handrail. I've been faking the annotation using a detail line, but that is really time consuming. There should be an easier way.

Any suggestions are welcome.