PDA

View Full Version : Phasing with wall

colnagoboy
2012-09-11, 12:57 AM
How would you go about demoing just a finish from an existing wall in Revit?
Do you have to build two walls (one for structual core and the other for just a finish) right next to each other?
Or is there any way to change phasing within a wall?

Moreover, how do you show a proposed opening (arched door way) within an existing masony wall?
Since the opening is arched, I guess I have to use Wall Profile to create the opening,
then how do you set the opening as new?

Thanks in advance

jcoe
2012-09-11, 12:41 PM
If you are comfortable using parts, you could create parts from your wall assembly. This will break the wall up into its component pieces, which will allow you to demolish just the finish face.

The opening could be done in a couple ways, but I think the best option here is to create a wall hosted opening family that has the arch built into it. I would place this into the wall in my new construction view. By using the family, Revit will coordinate the demolition of the exiting wall for you. The Edit Profile option is not phase aware, meaning that your will have an arched opening in your existing and new construction views.

damon.sidel
2012-09-11, 12:41 PM
For the wall finish, wouldn't a note suffice? How would you show it in a plan regardless of the program you are using?
For the opening, create an opening family with an arch and add it in the new construction (or whatever) phase. No Wall Profile, no problem.

Oops, beat me to it. :)

tntdraftsol
2012-10-04, 12:44 PM
This may be a simple question, but what if you wanted to demolish say 5' of that existing 20' wall? The Demolish tool from what I can see only lets you select entire objects to demolish. Is there a way to just demolish a portion of a wall?

tntdraftsol
2012-10-04, 12:51 PM
This may be a simple question, but what if you wanted to demolish say 5' of that existing 20' wall? The Demolish tool from what I can see only lets you select entire objects to demolish. Is there a way to just demolish a portion of a wall?

I found the answer I was looking for. Use the split tool. Thanks for reading.