PDA

View Full Version : Room separation and tags

yoi65
2012-09-11, 07:10 PM
EDITING ROOM SEPARATION LINES
i would like to combine room bounding boxes for two adjoining spaces by editing their room separation lines how do i do that

ROOM TAG BOX

how do i get the larger box around the room tag to show in the family editor . i am able to edit smaller box but when i reload into the project a larger box which is not visible in family editor appears around the room number in project view.
tnx

CADastrophe
2012-09-11, 07:17 PM
ROOM TAG BOX

how do i get the larger box around the room tag to show in the family editor . i am able to edit smaller box but when i reload into the project a larger box which is not visible in family editor appears around the room number in project view.

I believe that the "smaller box" that you could edit is the boundary of the Label text, correct? In the case of the default Room Tag family, the Lines are turned off by default. While editing the family, go to Visibility Graphics ยป Annotation Categories tab, and at the top of the page, you'll see a checkbox for "Show annotation categories in this view".

DaveP
2012-09-12, 04:54 PM
What do you mean by "combine room bounding boxes"?
Rooms are typically defined by their Walls. It should only be in rare instances that you have actual Room Separation Lines.
If you truly do have a Room Separation Line drawn, you can just edit it like any other line. Although you might have that category turned off in Visibilty/Graphics, so you might need to turn them on to see them.

I suspect, however that what you really mean is that you have two Rooms with a wall between them and you want to consider them as one Room. If that's the case. select the Wall separating the Rooms and in the Properties, uncheck the "Room Bounding" box. Be careful with this, though. If that Wall extends into any other Rooms, you make have to split it into two pieces.

yoi65
2012-09-12, 08:13 PM
Thanks, CADastrophe, it worked.

DaveP,
What i have is are 2 rooms separated by a cased opening (no door) and would like them to read as one room so as you suggest I'll try unchecking the bounding box and see if that works.
thanks