PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Service packs and central models: do they play nicely?

graphite
2012-09-12, 04:50 PM
Currently I am assisting our structural department with their revit model, which is linked into our architectural model. I have come to find out that they need a service pack update in order to resolve an issue relating to masking regions and detail components not displaying properly. My question is about this service pack: Does the service pack get applied to all existing installations of the revit discipline platform? Does the service pack only get applied to new installations of the platform? Will this update create issues with a central model which was made without the service pack? Looking for a little guidance before I go bugging our CAD manager to install this service pack. Thanks.

ghale
2012-09-13, 01:31 PM
You should apply the service packs to all disciplines at the same time. It is important to have all team members working on the same version (SP) of the Revit platform, otherwise you may get some problems between linked files. At this point, all firms should be updated to SP1.
The industry norm is for a firm to wait for the first service pack to come out before deploying the latest version of Revit company-wide.