PDA

View Full Version : Profile Sweeps

jstorms1818
2003-10-28, 08:08 PM
I'm new to Revit. This is probably a very basic question.

I've created a casement window sash with 1/2" insulated glass. I've figured out how to create a sweep profile to put an ovolo stop on the exterior side of the glass. When I sweep the same profile onto the other side of the glass, instead of coming in as a mirror image (in section) it comes in rotated 90 degrees. The origin point remains the same but the profile hase to be rotated 270 degrees and flipped before it's correct. Somehow this doesn't seem right. Why wouldn't it appear in the proper position? Am I going to have to go through the same process (rotate and flip) with every window or door I create?

Are there any suggestions?

beegee
2003-10-28, 08:53 PM
Jim,
I'm not sure from your description how you're creating that second sweep, but each sweep needs its own path and profile.

try mirroring the profile of the first sweep around the glass centrline to create the second sweep profile.

david1803
2003-10-28, 09:52 PM
Sounds like you're using a profile family for your sweep rather than sketching the profile. When trying to mirror a sweep I've run into the same problem you're having. My only solution was to flip and rotate same as you're doing. If you're trying to save time you might try sketching both shapes as one sweep profile joined at the section (like beegee's suggestion).

PeterJ
2003-10-28, 10:24 PM
Imported profiles seem very problematic in families. I tried making a series of windows using these instead of sketched profiles and they repeatedly required flipping rotating and so on, in the end the unpredictability effectively meant that I spent as long fudging them as sketching a fresh profile.....

david1803
2003-10-30, 07:46 PM
Profile Famlies do have a Family Parameter called "Rotate with component" but it doesn't seem to affect mirroring a sweep. A search online suggests that it's a parameter in Annotation Symbols for rotating door/window tags with respect to their host door/window but I'm not sure what use it has in Profile Families.