PDA

View Full Version : Tools4revit...what is your honest opinion?

Baldwin_4-6-0
2012-09-17, 06:50 PM
Tools4revit...what is your honest opinion?

Duncan Lithgow
2012-09-18, 05:48 AM
They have quite a few products. Which are you interested in? I've used their Smart Browser a bit, looks good. However I was very annoyed to find that I had let it create DWF _and_ PNG files next to all my Families on the network location I chose. It took me a while to delete them again - probably a good feature - the 3d dwf are a great idea - but I was just evaluating the software so it annoyed me having to delete all those files...

DoTheBIM
2012-09-18, 12:04 PM
...I've used their Smart Browser a bit, looks good. ... Last time I looked at Smart Browser It didn't handle type catalogs. Has this changed?

Baldwin_4-6-0
2012-09-18, 12:31 PM
I was testing Quick table, didn't really like the outcome went with Cadig's AutoTableDXF instead. And I am testing the Truss + now, & I'm not sure if it functions how we want it to. What do people think of Truss +?

Noticed that it seems cumbersome to apply the trusses when the pitch is 8/12 on two sides and 12/12 on the hip end. Also roofs have to be modeled a certain way architecturally. So if you get a model from a consultant you will need them to build the roof a certain way or re-model it yourself. I know our users... and this add-in would probably frustrate them for quite a while.

KoryCox
2012-09-18, 09:10 PM
They have quite a few products. Which are you interested in? I've used their Smart Browser a bit, looks good. However I was very annoyed to find that I had let it create DWF _and_ PNG files next to all my Families on the network location I chose. It took me a while to delete them again - probably a good feature - the 3d dwf are a great idea - but I was just evaluating the software so it annoyed me having to delete all those files...

I'll echo Duncan's words. The 3D DWF's made a mess of my library. All I was doing was evaluating too. Haven't deleted them yet. Not looking forward to it. Over 4000 families....

DaveP
2012-09-19, 06:06 PM
it annoyed me having to delete all those files...
Using Windows 7?
Might I suggest:

Duncan Lithgow
2012-09-19, 08:51 PM
Dave, have you found documentation on those functions in Windows 7? I've used them a bit but haven't been able to find documentation.

Renata Jociene
2012-12-13, 12:36 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for your opinion.
Please update Smart Browser installations.
The latest releases are Smart Browser 2013.3 and 2012.5. Here you will have possibility to change PNG and 3D DWF files location.
Also Smart Browser works with type catalogues.

Let me know if you will have any questions or concerns about Smart Browser.