PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Problem: Wall mounted casework is hiding my walls cut line style

Duncan Lithgow
2012-09-18, 06:03 AM
Problem: Wall mounted casework is hiding my walls cut line style

Because my Casework has a thinner line weight and is grey (for an orientational plan where casework is provided for context) and my walls have a black and thicker cut line style I have a problem. Where ever I have wall mounted casework my walls thick blakc cut line style is hidden behind my caseworks thinner grey line style. What can I do about this?

I've tried a few different way of controlling the lines (Model Categories override / Filters) and haven't found anything which solved this. I should add that the whole building is in a RVT link, which narrows my options a bit.

I'm sure some of you have seen this before, so what do you suggest?

gbrowne
2012-09-18, 09:07 AM
A medium black detail line will fix that up. Not ideal I know....

Duncan Lithgow
2012-09-18, 09:37 AM
Hmmm, you're right - that's not ideal. I assume you're saying you know of no other solution?

Norton_cad
2012-09-18, 10:43 AM
You could make the rear line of the casework invisible, rather than adding a line.

gbrowne
2012-09-18, 01:31 PM
Or use the linework tool to make the line invisible as suggested by Norton_cad. Or mess around with the family? A niggly little display idiosyncrasy to be sure...

Duncan Lithgow
2012-09-18, 06:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what is determining which line is in front? There must be some kind of hierarchy here.

antman
2012-09-18, 07:39 PM
Seems that the side view of the casework family includes a masking region. Also, maybe the line is a symbolic line that is set to 'draw in foreground'?

Duncan Lithgow
2012-09-19, 05:49 AM
antman - you got me looking in the right place. For some reason there is a masking region in the plan view of this family. I will have a talk with the Families creator.

Well spotted thanks.

antman
2012-09-19, 02:42 PM
:beer::beer::beer: