PDA

View Full Version : Linetype scale, different on a line or an arc/circle.

crumpetmoose992840
2012-09-18, 09:43 AM
I have a problem when plotting linetype scales on a straight line, to an arc/circle/spline.

Lets say I draw 2 objects, a rectangle and a circle, both on the same layer with a plot style using ISO DASH. when I print preview everything looks fine, but when i plot to paper or pdf, the linetype scale of the circle is dramatically smaller, in some case you cant even tell its dashed at all as it just looks like a straight line.
On further testing, I found that making the plot style non-adaptive helps a little, but it still doesn't match. Ultimately, objects such as rounded corner rectangles look really wrong.

Can anyone provide any insight as it would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

crumpetmoose992840
2012-09-18, 09:57 AM
On even further testing, I've found that Autocad's dwg to pdf plotter is buggy, very buggy. Ive substituted it for doPDF free driver which works but not as easily as the autocad standard dwg-pdf, anyone else had this problem?

Tom Beauford
2012-09-18, 10:47 AM
What version of are you using? I like AutoCAD's dwg to pdf, but it wasn't very good in older versions. It recognizes TrueType fonts and saves as such so they're sharp and reduces the file sizes. I like being able to control layers in the PDF's as well.

jaberwok
2012-09-18, 02:05 PM
Possibly relevant -
If you use the Rectangle command to draw rectangles (!?) you are producing polylines.
Polylines have the option to draw line patterns from end to end (all around) or from vertex to vertex.
See the variable PLINEGEN (LTGEN on older versions).

crumpetmoose992840
2012-09-22, 03:22 PM
Im using the standard 2012 edition. It's fine for everything else, just this really annoying linescale.