PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Two problems: Structural columns' coarse fill and not cutting

damon.sidel
2012-09-18, 01:58 PM
I'm having two problems with my structural columns:

1. I'm struggling to understand why they don't have a built-in coarse-scale fill pattern like architectural columns and walls. Am I missing something? I edited my column family (rectangular concrete) to have a second extrusion that shows only on coarse, but that seems like a hack.

2. When I place a column in a plan, default settings going up one level, it doesn't always cut! I can see in 3d that it is from say level 1 to level 2 and all my walls are showing thick cut lines in plan, but the column does not cut. If I make it go from level 1 to 3, it cuts fine... on both level 1 AND level 2. Anybody ever see this behavior (and fixed it)?

Thanks!

Joshua Kohl
2012-09-19, 11:09 AM
For #2 edit the column family, go to "Family Category and Parameters" and uncheck the "Show family precut in plan" checkbox.

damon.sidel
2012-09-19, 01:26 PM
For #2 edit the column family, go to "Family Category and Parameters" and uncheck the "Show family precut in plan" checkbox.

Thank you! This is very helpful. I just read up on it and it makes perfect sense... although I wish the OOTB families were a little more well done and that rectangular columns had this unchecked by default.

taituxd
2019-08-08, 09:09 AM
Thank you very much. It works :)