PDA

View Full Version : Wall Section question

J. Grouchy
2005-02-03, 02:51 PM
I have a stacked wall type with embedded curtain wall that extends to the floor. Now, there are places along the wall without curtain wall, where the wall is solid and therefore the brick will sit on a ledge on the footing. In order to do this, I unlocked the masonry 'layer' within the wall type and aligned the masonry in section to the top of this ledge. So this works fine in the 'solid' wall section...but in the section at the curtain wall, you now see this small section of wall below the embedded curtain floating below the FF line. I'm attaching images of the work in progress for you to see what I'm talking about (image B is the section I'm having the problem with).
Is there any way to fix this other than using the linework tool?

luigi
2005-02-03, 05:37 PM
I don't have a lot of time to think about this one, but what if you would split the wall in elevation, and in some of the wall you lower the masonry and in other (where the curtain wall is located) you don't lower it....will that fix your section?

Let me know,

aaronrumple
2005-02-03, 06:04 PM
...put a reveal below the wondow?

tamas
2005-02-03, 06:05 PM
I don't have a lot of time to think about this one, but what if you would split the wall in elevation, and in some of the wall you lower the masonry and in other (where the curtain wall is located) you don't lower it....will that fix your section?

Let me know,
Yes, this should work. The reason for the problem is that we do the extension (lowering the brick layer) before the embedded wall cuts its host.