PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Parts of my curtain wall not showing in plan

plainold804808
2012-09-20, 11:13 PM
Here's my curtain wall made by pattern. It's curved and sloping, the title actually says it all, a segment of my curtain wall is not showing. The same problem occurs in other plans as well, though not at the same spot.

And no, they do not show up in "Reveal hidden elements"

The other segment of the curtain wall are at the same level, i don't see why this would have anything to do with the cut plan. Still I played around with it to no avail.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-09-21, 03:44 AM
Without any frame of reference my guess is that it's a view range issue and Revit is showing you what you'd see of the curved/sloped CW. Can you give us a section at the point where the CW starts to disappear?

plainold804808
2012-09-21, 10:12 AM
Without any frame of reference my guess is that it's a view range issue and Revit is showing you what you'd see of the curved/sloped CW. Can you give us a section at the point where the CW starts to disappear?

Hmm. here are some shots.

Baldwin_4-6-0
2012-09-21, 12:55 PM
maybe a phase issue?..or not... just saw the images...hmmmm

try the same type of CW in a new model w/ fresh template see if it behaves the same way.

damon.sidel
2012-09-21, 01:00 PM
That's strange. In a 3d view, you could orient view to the offending plan and at least understand with visual feedback what exactly the view range is.

plainold804808
2012-09-21, 02:31 PM
That's strange. In a 3d view, you could orient view to the offending plan and at least understand with visual feedback what exactly the view range is.

Hmm, Ok so I changed the view depth of (Associated Level (3rd floor) from "0" to "-100" and now all the panels show up, as well as the floor on the same level that did not show before. I think that pretty much solved the problem. Not sure if it is the right way though.

tinadatabase
2013-07-29, 10:36 PM
Sometimes there are "missing" parts in the curtain wall assembly. Depending on how those mullions were build, sometimes the Glass panels or the vertical mullions look like they are missing but it turns out that the plan or RCP was cut through at the level of a horizontal mullion line. Solution: adjust the Cut Plane (View Range) by a few inches up or down.