PDA

View Full Version : Circular Mullions in Curtain Walls with Corners

fastl455890
2012-09-25, 02:59 PM
I am modelling a Curtain wall that turns at corners, but I can't figure out how to get it to clean up at the corners. I am using circular mullions to reflect the existing condition of the building I am modelling. I need the top and bottom horizontal mullions to connect and be continuous, but they refuse to do so, and the the circular mullions want to double up in the corners(Pic 1). If I eliminate the vertical border 2 type mullion altogether, I get only one circular mullion in the corner, but my last panel then does not terminate in a mullion at all, and even in this event, the circular mullions do not abut the glass panels and it results in a corner that makes no sense whatsoever (Pic2). I've included two screencaps and circled the critical areas in red.

If anyone can offer me some advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Alfredo Medina
2012-09-25, 03:55 PM
Do you have a photo or any other image that can illustrate the desired result in 3d, not just partial plan views?

fastl455890
2012-09-25, 06:42 PM
This is the wall I am trying to replicate.

Revitaoist
2012-09-25, 06:53 PM
Advice: Anything of substantial complication is better modeled in the family editor.

Alfredo Medina
2012-09-25, 11:11 PM
If you can't do mullions with mullions, do mullions inside panels. The curtain wall panel family is very versatile. You can put offsets, flip control, yes/no visibility parameters, extrusions, etc.