PDA

View Full Version : 3D sections of each level with Floor plans

rtaube
2012-09-25, 07:56 PM
I have started including a 3D view of each level (isolated using a section box) on larger buildings. I was wondering if any else is doing something similar and what you think about it. For me i've had issues trying to get the same angle of view, and transparencies seem to mess things up a bit, but I'm still working at it.

Cheers

vgonzales
2012-09-28, 08:10 PM
Yes. In construction documents, we include 3D Axonometric views of Stairs, 3D perspective views of rooms (esp. classrooms) and 3D perspective views of the exterior.

damon.sidel
2012-09-28, 08:45 PM
We use 3d axons all the time in our sets, although not for each floor like you are, Ryan. Particularly when we have a project that has a very fast schedule and we are the design architect, we find that 3d images help convey the design intent. We'd prefer to detail absolutely everything, but we never have time, so we do a combination of 2d and 3d to get the point across. What are you using the 3d of each level to help clarify?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-09-28, 09:24 PM
For me i've had issues trying to get the same angle of view, and transparencies seem to mess things up a bit, but I'm still working at it.
I think the trick is to either use one of the 'standard' view angles (any corner of the view cube) or get the right viewpoint on the first view and then lock the orientation, create all your other views as copies of that view and adjust the section box.