PDA

View Full Version : responsibility schedule

jarod.tulanowski
2005-02-03, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know how you would attack a responsibility schedule as shown in the attached image.

luigi
2005-02-03, 05:25 PM
First question is, would you use this often? Do you need it to be part of your standard?

If you need it just once, or maybe a few more times, then might as well create a generic annotation (I have done it this way to show our standard Code Review)

If you need it many times, then I would create the generic annotation, but make it an intelligent one. This means you will have to spend some time on it. You would make all the elements as part of the family editor, you will have all of the black dots whose visibility may be turned on or off. If the titles may change, then I would make them part of the family editor as well.
I hope this gives you an idea, if you need I can be more specific.

Take care,

bowlingbrad
2005-02-03, 05:57 PM
Here's one that you can use as a template. I divided it into a generic annotation family with instance parameters for the line items. The rest of the chart will need to be drawn with lines in the desired view.

HEY, I JUST REALIZED THIS IS MY 100TH POST! Triple digits...woah.

Brad

jarod.tulanowski
2005-02-03, 10:28 PM
Wow bowlingbrad that one is perfect. I never thought about adding in a yes/no parameter to a family. We did it differently with a note block with parameters. and it works really well. but if I was going to do it again. this would be the way to go.

PWguy
2006-04-11, 12:09 AM
How are you linking the dots to the parameters? I added one extra parameter but no dot will correspond to it

luigi
2006-04-11, 02:23 PM
How are you linking the dots to the parameters? I added one extra parameter but no dot will correspond to itJust click on the dot and in the properties locate the "visible" parameter...on the far right there is a button....when you press it you will get a screen where you can chose an already made parameter, or create a new parameter.....chose a Yes/No paramter and you are set to go....

Take care,

PWguy
2006-04-11, 06:46 PM
Sweet!

Thanks!