PDA

View Full Version : Wall plan view cut pattern

Denver55
2012-09-27, 05:45 AM
I am using Revit 2013, and the cut pattern for "Softwood, Lumber" will not show up in any plan or section view, no matter what pattern I change it to. I'm using some of the standard wall types that come with Revit 2013 which use "Softwood, Lumber" as the material for the core of the wood stud wall types. The default cut pattern for "Softwood, Lumber" in the Material Editor is <none>. It will accept any pattern that I pick from the standard Fill Patterns list, but the change will not show up in any plan or section view. As a test, I could change the cut pattern for any other material used in the standard wall types, such as the brick, gyp, plywood, etc, and the change would then show up. As another test, I changed the outside finish material of a brick/stud wall from brick to "Softwood, Lumber", and the cut pattern still did not show up. I also did a test by changing the core material of the wall to other materials, and their cut patterns showed up. Is this a Revit 2013 glitch that "Softwood, Lumber" will not show a cut pattern, or am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

Denver55
2012-09-27, 09:14 PM
I checked the standard wall types in Revit Architecture 2012, and it used "Wood - Stud Layer" in place of the "Softwood, Lumber" for the core layer of the wood stud wall types. The cut patterns work fine in Revit Architecture 2012. The Material Browser and Autodesk Materials in Revit Architecture 2013 does not seem to have a "Wood - Stud Layer" material anymore, but still has a "Metal - Stud Layer". Has anybody run across this problem yet? Again, thanks for any help.