PDA

View Full Version : 2013 How to adjust size of footers (slab end thickness)

awem
2012-09-27, 03:35 PM
I know how to change the profile of a slab edge, but I do not know how to change the sizes (ie 16"x18" vs 24"x12"). I can only get 12"x12" when I verify the size in the section view. Also, how can I insert a thickened slab under an interior wall?

jcoe
2012-09-28, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I have a separate thickened slab family that I use for interior partitions. I start with a Generic Model-Line Based and then change the category to structural foundations. You will not be able to use the structural wall tool to create this type of foundation (unless I missed something).

To change the size of your thickened slab, first you need to duplicate the family in the project and rename. Next you need to apply a different slab edge profile. If there are not additional profiles to choose from then go to your project browser. Expand families. Expand Profiles. Look for your thickened slab family, right-click, duplicate, give name. Right-click on new family name and select type properties. In the type properties, you should be able to alter the size of the thickened slab profile.

Follow the same steps to create as many different slab edge conditions as you need. Hope this helps.