PDA

View Full Version : Structural Beam Visibility????

m_r_meza
2005-02-03, 06:05 PM
I have placed a Glulam-Western Species 3.125x18 in my model. It appears in 3d view, but will not in an elevation or section view. Any suggestions?

Steven Campbell
2005-02-03, 08:58 PM
Change the view detail level to medium and the geometry should show up. In course you will only get a model line or stick representation.

Steven Campbell
Autodesk Revit

m_r_meza
2005-02-03, 09:46 PM
Is there any way to display the complete geometry or is a single model line it?

beegee
2005-02-03, 10:10 PM
As Steven said, if you change the view detail level to medium or fine you will see the complete model geometry.

If you want to see the model geometry in a coarse view, open the family and change the detail visibility setting.

Phil Palmer
2005-02-04, 10:20 AM
or alternatively you could do an overide under visibility settings for that particular view to overide the structural members to med or fine

Scott Hopkins
2005-02-04, 07:34 PM
or alternatively you could do an overide under visibility settings for that particular view to overide the structural members to med or fine
Good Answer Phil!

I keep forgetting about visibility overrides. They are extremely useful. I really need to start using them more often.

beegee
2005-02-04, 11:19 PM
We recently experienced a problem attempting a Vis override on a structral beam. Didn't have time to debug the problem, just used the above methods.

I'll try to recreate it later and report.