PDA

View Full Version : 2012 callout reference - not showing the plan

utakecare2003
2012-10-04, 10:54 PM
I am trying to reference my floor plan on the site plan. so when i do view/reference, i cannot see all the floor plans. i saw a couple of demo plans, site plans, roof plans, but just not all the plans. could not figure out why and this is the 1st time having this issue. the project was set up by someone else is no longer with us. so... any help?
thanks a lot
utc

ttiefenbach
2012-10-05, 06:20 PM
Are the Floor plans you are trying to reference "Floor Plans"? Check the properties of the floor plans and verify the Type is "Floor Plan" and not "Detail View".

Norton_cad
2012-10-06, 01:59 AM
Activate the view, type VV select the second "Annotation" tab and chack the radio button for "Detail views", and your callout referance frame should show.

utakecare2003
2012-10-09, 11:44 PM
sorry i was pulled away from this project for several days. The floor plan I am trying to reference is Floor Plan, not detailed view. I just turned on everything under annotation tab although I do not know which one is "radio button for detail views", I still cannot see my floor plan under the reference to other view pull down menu.
I attached 2 screen capture hope it helps to find the porb. so, 1. jpg showed under the pull down, there are just 10 plans, but from 2.jpg, under floor plans, i have about 20 plans. why do not I see all of them?
thanks a lot!
utc

Norton_cad
2012-10-10, 10:55 AM
In your drawing sheet AS101-Site plan, there is an attached view called Site plan - proposed. Activate this view, by either double clicking this view in your project browser, or right click it on the drawing sheet. Once active type in the keyboard shortcut "VV", which opens the view properties dialogue box. There are four or five tabs along the top of the dialogue box. The second one is the Annotation one. Select it. You will see a long list of items to select, with a radio button, or tick box next to each. You will see one called "Detail Views" and it will need the radio button changed to have a tick in it. Close the dialogue box, and your view will have updated, and the Detail views will be visable as desired.

utakecare2003
2012-10-10, 10:43 PM
See attached image, under annotation, there is no item called "detail view". There is just Detail Item Tags. did I go to the wrong place?
thanks for the help!
utc

Norton_cad
2012-10-11, 12:20 AM
No this is the right place. It could be callouts, but I see that you have them checked. Hmm...
It could be that the callout views were hidden in the view.

utakecare2003
2012-10-12, 06:19 PM
geez, I do not know what happened. i just opened the model and now i can see that view. so weird~
thanks Norton_cad for ur help