PDA

View Full Version : Family Help ????

kathey1
2012-10-08, 07:06 PM
Ive been asked to make a Pile wall family at work. I've started the family but I'm not so clued up with formulas in families but I don't think I'm to far off !

This is what I need help with below:

I want to be able to stretch the family so it adds a new pile every time it gets bigger so i need to introduce a ref line but I'm not sure how

I also want to be add a type parameter so i can change the ctrs and the radius without it giving me errors. See Attachment

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

jcoe
2012-10-09, 12:47 PM
In order to get the family to work correctly and not error, I had to create a separate Pile family and then nest that into the Line Based family you provided. This gave me better control over the geometry and allowed me to constrain the geometry to the parameters you had already set up.

Whenever you use line-based families with repeated geometry, it is usually more beneficial to create the geometry as a separate family and then nest it into the line-based family. This method generally produces the best results, at least in my experience anyway.

kathey1
2012-10-09, 01:42 PM
After constantly trying it i came up with this and it works fine ! i can now stretch it in my project and the piles add

kathey1
2012-10-09, 01:44 PM
thanks for your help on the matter !!!!!