PDA

View Full Version : Area Of Refuge

TerribleTim
2012-10-10, 04:53 PM
How are you guys dealing with noting up an Area Of Refuge? Do you just draw detail lines in a rectangle or do you have a nice fancy family you can share?

What method is being used? :?:

jj mac
2012-10-10, 05:38 PM
Hey Tim,

Do you have an example of what you are asking for? Not sure if I have your question right, but we just use component families and arrange them as per what is required for bin size, sorting etc...

TerribleTim
2012-10-10, 05:41 PM
JJ,
I'm talking about marking on the plans for an ADA required "Area of Refuge" for wheelchairs in say a stairwell or something. Should I just go with a rectangle of detail lines drawn on the plan? I have about 5 different plans where I need t oshow it so was just sort of looking to see what others are doing.

jj mac
2012-10-10, 05:48 PM
Ohhh, ok... We have a component family, but it just has detail lines in it so you can see on multiple plans... It's parametric so it can be adjusted.

TerribleTim
2012-10-10, 06:02 PM
That's what I was thinking of doing. Now if I could only figure out how to make a family like that. I'm really not very good at making families, much less parametric ones. :?

Alfredo Medina
2012-10-10, 06:55 PM
Is making families not required for your job on a daily basis?

jj mac
2012-10-10, 06:58 PM
Oh dude, these are the easiest ones to make, you can do it for sure. Just create some reference planes to define your boundaries, add lables to define your parameters, then draw lines and lock them to your ref planes.

See attahced. Hopefully it helps.

TerribleTim
2012-10-10, 07:01 PM
Alfredo,
We're still really new to this Revit thing. So I'm learning as I go.

JJ,
Actually, I watched a YouTube vid and built my own. I guess I'm moving along! 8)