PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Text Bug???

MikeJarosz
2012-10-11, 04:54 PM
Is this a bug? The text is set to opaque and the outline is turned on. Only the text background is actually opaque. The area between the text and the outline shows background lines. I think the entire box ought to be opaque.

Opinions?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-10-11, 06:51 PM
I agree that it 'should' mask the entire box but I believe this has always been the behavior. You can add a masking region to the family so it hides everything behind the box.

MikeJarosz
2012-10-11, 08:17 PM
You can add a masking region to the family so it hides everything behind the box.

How do I do that? This is plain text. If I make a family out of plain text, I can add the masking region, but will I lose the leader flexibility inherent to plain text?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-10-12, 04:42 AM
Oops! My bad Mike. I thought this was a tag. Not sure what to suggest here.

Duncan Lithgow
2012-10-12, 03:33 PM
I don't. have. Revit. running. on this android. phone, but I'm. wondering. If the settings. for border. offset. Also control the size of the the opaque fill. See this post http://dorevit.blogspot.dk/2010/04/autodesk-aec-media-day-revit-2011-text.html

... tested, doesn't. work. neither does this keyboard...

cdatechguy
2012-10-12, 04:04 PM
I don't. have. Revit. running. on this android. phone, but I'm. wondering. If the settings. for border. offset. Also control the size of the the opaque fill. See this post http://dorevit.blogspot.dk/2010/04/autodesk-aec-media-day-revit-2011-text.html

... tested, doesn't. work. neither does this keyboard...
Thought you were trying to talk like Captain Kirk or something....

MikeJarosz
2012-10-12, 08:47 PM
If the settings. for border. offset. Also control the size of the the opaque fill.

Actually, I tested that before my post. It's using the inherent opaque of the text height, not creating its own opaquing to the box extent. The example I posted wasn't too bad. I had others placed over furniture that looked terrible. I wound up pulling the boxes outside the building perimeter and having long leaders point way into the interior.

I think this is a bug that should be fixed.

jsteinhauer
2012-10-15, 02:58 PM
Mike,

There is a lot of bugs with Text in Revit. I know a lot of people here are hoping for a revamp of the text editor in a not to distant release. Vote on the wishlist!!!

Cheers,
Jeff S.

MikeJarosz
2012-10-16, 05:43 PM
Vote on the wishlist!!!

I did vote for better text handling. Somehow the topic got removed. I get notices that I have two additional wishes because my earlier wishes were dropped. I smell something funny here.

damon.sidel
2012-10-16, 06:50 PM
I get the same thing! And it also strikes me as funny that there are a number of wishes that are essentially the same.