PDA

View Full Version : Groups of are boundaries

William_cooper822376
2012-10-15, 07:56 AM
Has anyone else come across this?

I tried to group a set of area boundaries in RAC2013.... Copying the group to the same area plan and editing produced an excluded items error on closing the group, but I couldn't see what was excluded they all seemed to be there. When copying to another scheme and then editing it excluded the boundaries that I changed in the other group.

Its a bit confusing.

antman
2012-10-17, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question. Maybe Design Options would be more appropriate than groups (for multiple schemes)? Or are you needing to have multiple iterations of the same size and shape of boundary across multiple areas of the plan?

damon.sidel
2012-10-17, 01:59 PM
Did you create any of the boundaries using the wall pick tool? I use groups for my area plans, granted in Revit 2012, but I make sure not to use the wall pick tool.

Also, you may have accidentally included something other than areas or area boundaries in your original group, so that the excluded item may be that, not the areas or boundaries. Just a thought.

william_cooper
2012-10-17, 10:24 PM
thanks for the replies.

I want to use them on the same area plan and in different area schemes, as in 'rentable' and 'gross building' etc....

I haven't used the pick wall tool and have been testing it in a blank revit file, using the rectangle creation method. i have only picked the area boundaries.

Cheers