PDA

View Full Version : linked DWG doesnt export?

Martin P
2005-02-04, 08:42 AM
We have a site plan linked in from Autocad - it doesnt export when we export out the sheet to DWG. This has been a problem for us for before (and is another of the reasons that I do all my siteplans in Autocad) - why is this and is there anything we can do? It does export a file, but there is nothing in it.

PaulB
2005-02-04, 09:57 AM
Martin,

I'm guessing the site in question isn't in the Bermuda Triangle.

Gadget Man
2005-02-04, 12:56 PM
Yes, I had the same problem only yesterday.

I simply gave up this time, but it might come the time when I will really need it. I will follow this thread closely...

Jerry.

Max Lloyd
2005-02-04, 01:07 PM
Probably not the ideal solution, but if you explode the dwg, would it then export?

Although if it is linked instead of an import, you can't explode it I presume.

Max Lloyd
2005-02-04, 01:11 PM
Ok, here is a solution. If it is linked, go to manage links, highlight the linked dwg in question and click the import button. Then go to the view that has the dwg imported into, explode it, then do your export to a dwg file. If you specifically want the dwg as a linked file, you can always undo back to before you broke the link.

Martin P
2005-02-04, 02:23 PM
LOL Not in the bermuda triangle (unfortunately) but the site does have some pretty big holes in it at the moment - maybe it fell down one of those, I'll give site agent a call and ask him to have look for it :)

Import does it, why didny I think of doing that!?? - no way I am hitting the explode button though ;) its big DWG file...... cheers for the tip Max :)