PDA

View Full Version : New Revit UI by Gehry Technology

MikeJarosz
2012-10-16, 06:21 PM
I just got back from a product launch by Gehry technology of their new user interface. It was a top-level executive-summary type of presentation, short on details. Yes, the wizard of Santa Monica was there himself and suprisingly knowledgeable about software issues.

They claim to have united Revit, Catia, Buzzsaw, MS office, instant messenger and more into one interoperable interface, based in the cloud and usable from almost any device. The user interface was impressive. They ran it on top of Revit using (what else?) the new HQ of Gehry Technologies as an example project. After the show I asked about the details. It's an API application written by 80 - count 'em -- 80 Gehry staff programmers. The event was video recorded and may turn up online.

oh, I forgot to mention, AUTODESK WAS THERE!!!! Is something going on we should know about?

Check it out here:

http://www.gehrytechnologies.com/gteam

BTW - Gehry calls his version of Catia "Digital Project"

antman
2012-10-16, 07:00 PM
I used the previous iteration (it was called GTX sync) early this year. It was nice to be able to upload a Revit model and view/navigate it in-browser. The project I worked on was relatively small, so there wasn't a lot of testing of the collaboration capabilities, though that is something the industry sorely needs. Having it actually run on top of Revit sounds awesome!

cliff collins
2012-10-16, 07:35 PM
Looks pretty slick. Any mention of $$$???

MikeJarosz
2012-10-16, 09:51 PM
Looks pretty slick. Any mention of $$$???

Yes, in vague terms. Frank said that he wanted it to be affordable for architects. And the presentation was at the NYC AIA headquarters. Rick Bell of the AIA opened the meeting, and all but endorsed it.