PDA

View Full Version : Wall Material Takeoff Schedules

kev56
2012-10-17, 11:51 AM
Hi, I'm new to Revit and I am trying to create a schedule for a simple cavity wall. I want the schedule to give me the Material Name, total area, number of bricks or blocks or insulation batts, cost of bricks blocks or batts. I have entered a price per sqM for each into the material editor. There are 60 bricks, 10 Blocks and .5 insulation batts per SqM. How do I get a calculated value formulae to decide if I want to multiply the Material:Area by 60, 10 or .5. I guess it would be an IF statement but all my efforts result in an error message telling me improper use of boolean expressions
I hope that makes sense
Many thanks
Kevin

mthurnauer
2012-10-17, 06:47 PM
The first issue is that your formula needs to convert the units from square meters to just a number. I think this is possible by placing the square meter in brackets and dividing the sqM by 1. Then, I think you should create a parameter that is the UnitCount. You would need to something like ((Material:Area/1)*UnitCount)*UnitCost. A simpler approach would be to just pre-translate your unit cost to a per sqM cost and just use that number in the Material:Cost parameter.

JamesBaker
2012-10-19, 05:35 PM
I found this info to be vary helpful.
http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/1046-revit-formulas-everyday-usage.html

wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit is also a helpful resourse if you are just starting out

kev56
2012-10-19, 05:50 PM
The first issue is that your formula needs to convert the units from square meters to just a number. I think this is possible by placing the square meter in brackets and dividing the sqM by 1. Then, I think you should create a parameter that is the UnitCount. You would need to something like ((Material:Area/1)*UnitCount)*UnitCost. A simpler approach would be to just pre-translate your unit cost to a per sqM cost and just use that number in the Material:Cost parameter.

Thanks for the reply, I am currently using your 'simple approach'; but I would find it useful to know actual numbers of units. I will try your parameter approach.
Regards

kev56
2012-10-19, 05:59 PM
I found this info to be vary helpful.
http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/1046-revit-formulas-everyday-usage.html

wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit is also a helpful resourse if you are just starting out
Hi James, thanks for the reply. I had looked at that post but couldn't find a solution there to my issue
Regards