PDA

View Full Version : Exporting doors as a Demo Layer

dirks.ryan144049
2012-10-22, 02:07 PM
I'm having trouble getting objects such as doors and windows to export on a demo level like the walls that they are hosted in. I've already added a Phase Demolished modifier to the doors and walls in the Export Setup. This works for all walls but not for the doors or windows. I also tried making a workset called DEMO to see if that would work and it did not. Any ideas?

rbcameron1
2012-10-22, 08:09 PM
Are the doors being hosted in a non-demo wall? I would advise against making a workset called demo. Crazy idea but could you try putting a cutout for the demo'd door into a demo'd wall in the existing (or new) wall?
OR
Have you tried clicking on the "Add/Edit Modifiers for All..." button at the bottom of the Export Setup dialog box and then added "{Phase Status}" to the column on the right. Assuming your CAD standards are also setup, this should (I think) do what you want it to do... (see attached screen shot)

rbcameron

dirks.ryan144049
2012-10-22, 09:14 PM
Using (Phase Status) instead of (Phase Demolished) appears to have solved the problem. Thanks for the help!

JamesBaker
2012-10-23, 07:17 PM
Wow RB, your healthcare models are amazing! This thread solved two of my problems today, phase issues to CAD and I needed some medical revit models (microscope, med.booms)...