PDA

View Full Version : 2013 How do I modify the side to which the levels text show on section view?

mikz12345100664
2012-10-22, 03:51 PM
The level name automatically come up on the right side of the level circle head. How do I swap this to the left?

CADastrophe
2012-10-22, 03:56 PM
You will have to edit the Level Head family, modify it, and load it back into the Project to overwrite and redefine it. To determine which Level Head Family is being used, select the Level and go to Type Properties. Then find the listed Family in the Project Browser (listed under Annotation Symbols), right-click on it, and select "Edit".

nickedemus
2012-10-23, 01:12 PM
I think there is another way you can do it by simply clicking on the Level line and checking/unchecking a box:

CADastrophe
2012-10-23, 01:37 PM
That just changes which side that the Level Head is on - it doesn't flip the text to the other side of the symbol (which I believe is the question here). If you want it to flip the Head (so that the text is always on the outside of the model or vice versa), you'll have to create a copy of that Level Head Family, modify the Label within it, load that Family into the Project, and the create a new Level Type with that Family assigned to it.