PDA

View Full Version : Fixed in 2014

FrenchQuarters
2012-10-22, 05:39 PM
This is not really a question. I just wanted to share the following response from Autodesk, becuase I think it is hillarious. I received it today from Autodesk technical support in response to a technical issue with Revit Architecture 2013:

First line of email: "This issue has already been fixed in 2014."

Closing line of email: "As this issue has been already addressed in the new release, if you don't have have any further questions, I wil go ahead and close the case."

patricks
2012-10-22, 06:12 PM
What's funny about it? They have already released 2 updates for 2013 and probably won't release any more updates before the release of 2014 about 5 months from now. What else do you want them to do?

What issue was it BTW?

jsteinhauer
2012-10-22, 06:45 PM
Patrick,

They're released Service Pack 2 for 2013? When did this happen?

Thanks,
Jeff S.

antman
2012-10-22, 07:02 PM
What else do you want them to do?

Continuously update the product, and get rid of the whole yearly release cycle thing, which results in half-baked implementations being released that then have to wait for service packs to resolve. Come out and just state that subscription is mandatory (it effectively is anyway), and make everyone use the same build (not even just the same year). I truly think we would get what we wanted a lot faster this way.

DaveP
2012-10-22, 08:30 PM
Luke's got all of the Service Pack links here:
http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com/2012/10/revit-2013-update-2-download-links.html
Would be kind of nice if Autodesk would tell us about it, though.

ArchTech247
2012-10-23, 04:36 PM
Does this update not apply to the building design suite?

Nevermind, I found the one I need.

Dean Camlin
2012-10-31, 12:36 PM
Has anyone been able to install the 2013 Update 2? I've tried on both Windows Vista 64-bit & Windows 7 machines. It hangs during the "Gathering required information" phase. No response yet from Autodesk Technical Support.

oasalgado73
2013-02-05, 03:22 AM
What was your question? so we can know what the issue was!
This is not really a question. I just wanted to share the following response from Autodesk, becuase I think it is hillarious. I received it today from Autodesk technical support in response to a technical issue with Revit Architecture 2013:

First line of email: "This issue has already been fixed in 2014."

Closing line of email: "As this issue has been already addressed in the new release, if you don't have have any further questions, I wil go ahead and close the case."