PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Is there an easy way to propogate Revit Options settings to different users on one machine?

patricks
2012-10-24, 04:30 PM
I have our Revit deployment for 2013 set up to where it sets most options how we need them. But what if a computer changes users, who logs in with a different user name? Is there a way to easily migrate settings from one user to another?

*edit* some way to transfer Places settings (the buttons on the left side of the Open/Load dialog boxes) between users would be super helpful, too, as I standardize them on all our installations. Any way to do that?

greg.mcdowell
2012-10-24, 11:42 PM
Best guess is it's stored in the INI file.

heath.simone
2012-10-25, 01:56 AM
It should be here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Structure 2013\Profiles\AllAnavDialogs

I don't know how comfortable you are with registry editing, but it's pretty easy to export out a regkey (xxxx.reg) and then use a .bat or .vbs to run this for each user that logs onto the machine if the values don't exist.

You can also change the order they appear in.

patricks
2012-10-25, 02:13 PM
It should be here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Structure 2013\Profiles\AllAnavDialogs

I don't know how comfortable you are with registry editing, but it's pretty easy to export out a regkey (xxxx.reg) and then use a .bat or .vbs to run this for each user that logs onto the machine if the values don't exist.

You can also change the order they appear in.

Thanks, I found the key, but the only thing I'm not sure about is the entries for My Computer and My Network Places, which has a long hex key for the PlacesOrderXDisplay entry. Not sure how that will work if I try to copy the whole key over to another machine.

But my main question is about Revit Options and propagating those to different users on the same machine. Any thoughts? I have the custom INI file that I used when creating the deployment. Perhaps I could somehow just copy that into a certain directory before starting up Revit for the first time with a particular user?

bcgatti
2012-10-26, 05:17 PM
I believe that the "general" Revit.ini that gets loaded for each new user is under (we use the one-box edition of Revit so your path may vary):

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\UserDataCache