PDA

View Full Version : 2012 CAD file won't link

rbcameron1
2012-10-25, 03:13 PM
Weird thing happened today. I have 3 CAD plans linked into my file. I tried linking one more and not only does it not show up in the view, it doesn't show up in the VG settings under the import tab.
Things I have tried:
Started a new project - import the CAD into that, same problem
Opened the CAD file (2012) and saved it back to CAD'04 - did not fix
Inside CAD file I relocated where the lines were to 0,0,0. They were kind of off some 4,000 feet from 0,0 initially. - did not fix
Purged CAD file - it was already purge
Exploded CAD file - save as and renamed - still not working

Is there just something wrong with the CAD file?

gbrowne
2012-10-25, 03:55 PM
Is it an unusually large complex file? Revit doesn't like too many lines. Max 10,000 if I remember correctly...

rbcameron1
2012-10-25, 03:59 PM
No, its a relatively small file. 890kb CAD file. not sure on the line count. Good to know Revit can't handle 10,000 (+\-) though. nor 20 miles away if I recall correctly.
I'm getting a new file from the consultant in a few hours, I'll be able to post whether it worked or not. However it won't be clear what was wrong.

renogreen
2012-10-25, 05:56 PM
Before linking in an Autocad file I always move everything close to 0,0, which you've done, and then I wblock out to a clean file. You would be amazed how much **** in an Autocad file can mess things up. I have had great luck with wblock-ing a file before linking...YMMV. Also, try to link by manual-center and then place it.