PDA

View Full Version : problem whit array and parameter.

farshadvamp987807
2012-10-26, 05:44 PM
when i create the extrusion in family mood and add some refrence plan to my item and also had one parameter named Hight in my project every thing seems normal
but when i use the array mode for my object i lost constraint for object and it seem the refrence plan do noting for me and hight parametr dont work for me anymore
what should i do i need to do this whit array and i want that behave like when i change the dimension of one object all of them change.
i really appreciate if someone help me out

greg.mcdowell
2012-10-26, 07:13 PM
Sometimes I find it easier to build the item to be arrayed in a separate family and nest it into the one where I want the array... makes it easier to constrain.

Duncan Lithgow
2012-10-27, 12:49 PM
I agree with Greg. But it depends on what you're trying to do. I suspect that the problem is that Revit doesn't have any way to know if your dimension is for the grouped object or just the one instance. I'd love to see the family that's giving you problems and what your trying to achieve.

farshadvamp987807
2012-10-27, 03:51 PM
this is just the simple extrusion but i need the do that on the sweep.however i have problem whit both of them

farshadvamp987807
2012-10-27, 04:23 PM
in fact this is my project i hope u can help me