PDA

View Full Version : 2013 handling transparency in elevations - sections

Philipp Kühne
2012-10-27, 10:14 PM
Hello,

By default glass sheets are showing up opaque in elevations and sections - so how to deal when you want make something showing up behind it ??? Let's say you have a glass railing and you want to see your building/ window/ balcony behind it ?

The best way is to have an orientated 3d view that way the glass becomes really transparent - but is'n t there an easier way ??? In 2012 there was the phantom option, chich seems to have dissappeared in 2013 ...?

Thanks for any hints

cdatechguy
2012-10-28, 04:47 PM
Override graphics by entity or category is the view...adjust the transparency or make them wireframe. Or change the category itself (like Window>glass) so you can save it in the view template and apply it to the rest of the views.

Philipp Kühne
2012-10-28, 09:49 PM
Hi,

this only solves the problem halfway since my railings does not only consist of glass but also out of metal profiles etc. So far my best option was to put the glass sheet in the family on a particular category which I could then switch off in the view, unfortunately one cannot handle the transparency of the seperate categories. My methode is not satisfying because it does not give any depth to the drawing ...