PDA

View Full Version : View Range

ChristinaB
2005-02-04, 09:16 PM
I am having a bugger of time trying to get my ceiling to show on my electrical plans. I cannot place lights if the ceiling isn't visible. I have the view range set to show from level above to level below and the cut plain at 48", the ceiling layer is turned on and is set to a height that is between the view ranges....why can't I see the ceiling? My main floor plan level I can see the ceiling and the basement level I cannot (VG's seem to be set identically). I don't know what else to try! Please help! Also when I raise the ceiling height, I can't change the view range to show a higher ceiling.

One other item I was wondering about along the same lines is...is there a way to have the lights show dark on the electrical plan with the cut plane set below the lights? This is so that I can still see the door swings and the switches

SkiSouth
2005-02-04, 10:08 PM
Does your ceiling show if you go to the next higher level and turn on the underlay for the level you are trying to place the lights in?

Also what are your offsets? The attached settings works for a 9'-0" ceiling (as you can see)

adegnan
2005-02-09, 04:17 AM
There is a thread from the last 3-6 months that has the best explanation of the View Range controls that I've ever seen. I can't locate it. Anyone know which one I'm referring to and can you link it? Thanks!

beegee
2005-02-09, 05:13 AM
Could be > View depth Vs Bottom (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=7013)

and graphically there's >View Range Demystified. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=7472&highlight=view+range)

Scott D Davis
2005-02-09, 05:13 AM
If you are trying to get a ceiling plan to show in a floor plan view, I don't think you can. There are two separate view catargories, one for floor plans (including site, I guess anything looking 'down') and ceiling plans, for anything looking up.

If you need a combo view, in which you show your floor plan with outlets, etc, and at the same time see your lights overhead, then make a sheet and overlay the two plans together....floor plan and ceiling. They will snap together upon alignment.

It's really very easy to do.

adegnan
2005-02-09, 12:26 PM
Thanks BG. View Depth vs Bottom is the one I am thinking of. Thanks!