PDA

View Full Version : DWF Set performance

sbrown
2005-02-04, 09:36 PM
I am very pleased with the speed of creating a DWF set, however it seems very slow in the dwf viewer in terms of viewing the diff. sheets. Switching from one sheet to another can take 1 minute.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything like this.

PS i'm using Autodesk DWF Composer to view.

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-04, 09:41 PM
Yeah. It's really bad - so bad that I wouldn't even consider using a single file DWF for large projects... the DWF Composer guys need to get their glue together.

ajayholland
2005-02-05, 12:00 AM
I would put up with the lack of speed if everything else worked satisfactorily.

I would like to use DWF to demonstrate to our clients the ability to navigate through a drawing set as we do in Revit. Unfortunately, the sheets are compiled in the order they appear in the Revit browser.

Of course, the sheet order may be rearranged using DWF composer (I’m currently running the 30-day trail version). Also unfortunately, my current project uses a non-standard 30” x 48” sheet size, and I can’t detect any way to set up a custom page size.

Any advice?

~AJH

Scott D Davis
2005-02-05, 01:00 AM
Any advice?
Use PDF's?? :twisted:

JamesVan
2005-02-05, 01:56 AM
We just printed the last set of issued drawings for Freedom Tower to DWF. Again, much faster to DWF than the plotter. Our sheets are 36x60, so no custom paper size. Ran this by our reseller and eventually to the DWF team. They said custom paper sizes (although available through a PC3 file in ADT) will not be available til "later in the year."

For the paper, we had to print the DWF at 50% so it didn't get cropped, then print from DWF at 200%. At least the quality was good. DWF with links and the 3D stuff in development is very impressive, but we need basic print driver capabilities first!

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-05, 07:01 AM
3' x 5' per sheet, huh? Well, now I know where all the trees in my back yard went. :razz: