PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Linked Files Project Information and Titleblocks

greyghost1984
2012-10-31, 05:33 PM
We have architects and engineers in-house with all but Civil using Revit 2013. Is there a way to get project information and titleblocks to populate from the architectural Revit file to the other disciplines Revit files? I understand that Civil may not work the same since they are not using the same software. But is there a way to get the proj. info and titleblock info from our file to the S/MPE files? I would be interested in getting data such as project title, project subtitle, project number, project location, project issue date, etc. I know I can use the same titleblock in both projects, but what I am trying to accomplish is entering that information in one project, and not having to do so in the others. This way one discipline can have control over how this data looks and is formatted. Can you link project information between projects?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Duncan Lithgow
2012-11-01, 03:41 PM
Have a read up on the Transfer Project Standards tool on the manage tab in Revit. I've started documenting it's shortcomings at Auto desks Revit 2013 wiki http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/3032-Customiz3032/3206-Transfer3206

Project Information is one of the things you can transfer between projects.