PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Merging Pipe Networks

tim_newsome
2012-11-01, 08:53 PM
I do not wan to merge my pipe networks unless I need to EXPORT the network.

I want one structure as a junction combining 2 pipe networks with out having to "MERGE" the 2 networks.

Is that possible?

If so is the a generic label style For the two inverts in one invert out structure

BlackBox
2012-11-01, 08:58 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the answer is no... By definition, a structure connects to one or more pipes within a single network.

May I ask why you are wanting to do this... What is the benefit, or end goal?

tim_newsome
2012-11-01, 09:14 PM
My company does industrial site planning,. we create a base file for every type of Utility. As the refences and number of profile grow exp, I just want to data ref a hand ful of crossings instead of the whole electrical, gas, compressed air, Pot water, Pro water, fire water, storm and sewer. Not to mention I like laying out my network then drawing a profile view that includes only relavant entitie w/.o specifing specific parts checked.

BlackBox
2012-11-02, 04:40 AM
I fully understand the desire to use limited XDREF within your project(s), however the statement about wanting to show specific parts in Profile View without specifying the parts (read select an entire network) is a matter of semantics.

We also do utility work, albeit for Civil only, and instead place all utility types within the same model without issue. To boot, we using AutoCAD MEP more and more in concert with our Civil 3D site model.