PDA

View Full Version : wall systems

fleckd78193552
2012-11-02, 02:35 PM
I'm looking to expand my options for wall types however haven't found any way to load them into the project even if i could find them. I've only got the basic types that came with the program and really none are geared toward wood stud walls which we'll be using.

I haven't been able to find any way to load them into the program either. Does everyone just custom make their walls as needed? That doesn't sound to me like the best option.

thanks in advance,
-dave

antman
2012-11-02, 03:23 PM
You will most likely want to custom make them as needed. Just select a wall, edit the type, and duplicate and go from there. Of course you can probably find some pre-made online. Just keep in mind that walls are a system family (not a component family) and therefore are only defined in project files (.rvt), *not* family files (.rfa). So, the easiest way to load one into your project is copy/paste. You can also use Transfer Project Standards (on the Manage tab).

renogreen
2012-11-02, 06:36 PM
We have a file that is a Revit project file with nothing in it but wall types. We constructed all of our wall types in this file. When we are working on a project, we open this file, copy and paste the wall types from one to the other. It works well and helps keep the template file size down by not having all these wall types in it.

JonTheBIMGuy
2012-11-02, 07:27 PM
We have a file that is a Revit project file with nothing in it but wall types. We constructed all of our wall types in this file. When we are working on a project, we open this file, copy and paste the wall types from one to the other. It works well and helps keep the template file size down by not having all these wall types in it.

That's a good idea. You should post that in the "tips and tricks" thread.