PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Detail component in stair tread profile?

graphite
2012-11-02, 04:40 PM
Is it possible to have a detail component appear when I cut a section through my metal pan stairs? Right now I have tried to place a detail component of the metal pan in my tread profile family, but it will not display when it is cut in the project. The reason I am doing this is because I cannot figure out how to add a piece of concrete to each tread so that in section the concrete displays cast into the pan.

Also since I have modeled my tread profile, is there a way to get the concrete cast into the metal pan to display in 3d?

I know there are some stair guru's out there.

Thanks.

cliff collins
2012-11-05, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure if this answers your question exactly, but in Revit 2013 you can create a stair by component, edit the Run Type, then edit the Tread Material and change it to concrete.

see attached image.

graphite
2012-11-06, 03:39 PM
That only seems to work with the default nosing profile. When I create my own custom tread profile for these metal pan stairs I cannot figure out how to fill the tread with concrete in 2d or 3d.

cliff collins
2012-11-06, 07:24 PM
Can you post the revit file? ( maybe copy/paste just the stair into a new file so it will be small enough to post.)

graphite
2012-11-06, 10:30 PM
Here's the stair file.

Tom Phillips
2016-01-21, 03:24 PM
graphite,

Did you ever get an answer to this?
I'm faced with the same thing and wondering if there is a solution.

Thanks.